*ETW* Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Enemy Territory Wars*

2 posters

*** READ THIS!! ***

Aviator

*** READ THIS!! *** Empty *** READ THIS!! ***

Post  Aviator Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 am

Dear ETW,

I have spoken with ETW Santa and he said there was a hacker hacking the server and everyone was level 0. This problem is really familiar especially at the 2.55 version of Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.

There is a program, called "Rcon_Stealer" free to download. When you run Rcon_Stealer than you have to press a button and than you can do the following in console:

Code:
    \callvote map "test;rconpassword HERENEWPASSWORD"
    When you press enter, there will start a poll and it will be passed automatically and immediately. When it is passed, the rcon has been resetted to HEREYOURPASSWORD.

So, you can conclude that you have to disable the option to vote for a map. Yes, you are right!

For the Admin of ETW who can control the server by the Control Panel, please do the following:

1.- Log in into your CP by YCN-hosting
    2.- Open up your server.cfg and/or jaymod.cfg/noquarter.cfg
    (depends if your server is running at server.cfg or at jaymod.cfg/noquarter)
    3.- search for: set vote_allow_map "1"
    4.- change it into:

Code:
    set vote_allow_map "0"
    5.- restart your server

When set vote_allow_map is set to "0" than the "hacker" cannot call a vote to activate Rcon_Stealer and he cannot change your rcon.

- After restart of the server make sure when you press ESC that you can NOTvote for a map!!

Regards,
    Steven a.k.a Aviator

Any questions? Contact me, X-fire: turtleshock
    EarthQuake
    EarthQuake
    Admin

*** READ THIS!! *** Empty Re: *** READ THIS!! ***

Post  EarthQuake Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info.

Like i said on another topic, there is many ways to get the rcon pass, not only with hacks.
    Aviator

Post  Aviator Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:53 am

change it into your server.cfg or jaymod.cfg and you see it works. Since I have changed it I have never problems with rcon changing. Just do it and stop thinking. Just do it and -1 way to hack a rcon (what you said...)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:17 pm